One the keys to photos at night is to add light where needed. Many times we just shoot what is there but adding some light of your own can make a big difference. It doesn’t require tons of equipment, just imagination and experimentation. This show of a covered bridge was lit with a flashlight. I did a 30 second exposure and walked around shining my little flashlight on the end of the bridge and the fence. It took several attempts to get it right but checked the each exposure on of the back of my camera and then made adjustments.
About LorenLoren Fisher has been a professional photographer since 1978 and has published photography books on Pope John Paul II and Branson, Missouri. He shares his knowledge and passion at photography workshops and tours, is an adjunct professor at Rutgers University and sells his works at art shows and festivals throughout the East Coast.
Become a Premium MemberGet big savings on workshops, classes and soon, on select photo equipment by becoming a Premium Member. Click Here to learn more or sign up.
Get Loren’s newsletterSign up now to get Loren's email newsletter. It comes once or twice a month and has photo tips, inspiration to get you out shooting, tales from Loren's photo adventures and updates about workshops. Click here!
Upcoming Workshops and Classes• Jan. 28: Macro Photography Workshop Somerville, NJ
• Jan. 29: Get to Know Your Camera Seminar Somerville, NJ
• Feb. 3-5: Vermont, Winter Wonderland Photography Workshop Woodstock, VT
• Feb. 11: Advanced Lightroom Somerville, NJ
• March 25: Expanding Your Vision Photography Workshop New York, NY
• April 1: Black & White Photography Workshop Somerville, NJ
• April 15, 2017: Beyond the Basics Photography Workshop Somerville, NJ
• June 30-July 6: Provence Photography Tour and Workshop Provence, France
• Aug. 21-26: Total Solar Eclipse Photography Workshop in Oregon Madras, OR
• Oct. 5-9: Vermont Fall Foliage Photography Workshop Woodstock, VT
Upcoming Art Shows• Jan. 28-29: Boca Raton Fine Art Show Boca Raton, FL
• Feb. 18-19: ArtiGras Fine Arts Festival, Palm Beach, FL
• Feb. 25-26: St. Petersburg Fine Art Festival Petersburg, FL
• March 4-5: Downtown Venice Art Classic Venice, FL
• March 17-19: Paradise City Marlborough, MA
• April 22-23: Arlington Festival of the Arts Arlington, VA
• May 27-29: Paradise City Northhampton, MA
Check back to see additional shows as they are scheduled.
Search my site
Tagsairplane Alaska Animals Backyard barn Bedminster Bicycle Bird Bridgewater clouds detail Dogs farm Florida flowers Fog foliage Friends great blue heron Great Swamp humor leaves macro night NJ People pets Photo adventure Photography workshop photo tip pond reflection river Robin Gaby Fisher Scenic silhouette snow Somerville sunrise sunset tree Vermont Water winter Woodstock