During my workshop today in Acadia National Park, we were on top of the world, or so it seemed. Cadillac Mountain is the highest coastal peak in the Eastern U.S. and many times during the year it is the first place in the U.S. to see the sunrise. It is quite the panoramic view and during a late morning journey to the top the sun was shining through some clouds and making the water shimmer. A small island seemed so isolated in the water and clouds, so I knew I wanted to capture the feeling of it being all alone. As I was taking the picture in color I was thinking what it might look like in black and white, since the strong backlight on the clouds and water weren’t going to look good in color. But the black and white version emphasizes what I was feeling.
About LorenLoren Fisher has been a professional photographer since 1978 and has published photography books on Pope John Paul II and Branson, Missouri. He shares his knowledge and passion at photography workshops and tours, is an adjunct professor at Rutgers University and sells his works at art shows and festivals throughout the East Coast.
Become a Premium MemberGet big savings on workshops, classes and soon, on select photo equipment by becoming a Premium Member. Click Here to learn more or sign up.
Get Loren’s newsletterSign up now to get Loren's email newsletter. It comes once or twice a month and has photo tips, inspiration to get you out shooting, tales from Loren's photo adventures and updates about workshops. Click here!
Upcoming Workshops and Classes• Jan. 15, 2017: Getting the most out of Lightroom Somerville, NJ
• Jan. 16, 2017: Macro Photography Workshop Somerville, NJ
• Jan. 18, 2017: Get to Know Your Camera Seminar Somerville, NJ
• Feb. 3-5, 2017: Vermont, Winter Wonderland Photography Workshop Woodstock, VT
• Feb. 11, 2017: Advanced Lightroom Somerville, NJ
• April 1, 2017: Black & White Photography Workshop Somerville, NJ
• April 15, 2017: Beyond the Basics Photography Workshop Somerville, NJ
• June 30-July 6, 2017: Provence Photography Tour and Workshop Provence, France
• Aug. 21-26, 2017: Total Solar Eclipse Photography Workshop in Oregon Madras, OR
• Oct. 5-9, 2017: Vermont Fall Foliage Photography Workshop Woodstock, VT
Upcoming Art Shows• Dec. 30-31: Coconut Point 6th Annual Art Fair Estero, FL
• Jan. 7-8: Estero Fine Art Show Estero, FL
• Jan. 21-22: Delray Beach Festival of the Arts Delray Beach, FL
• Jan. 28-29: Boca Raton Fine Art Show Boca Raton, FL
• Feb. 18-19: ArtiGras Fine Arts Festival, Palm Beach, FL
• Feb. 25-26: St. Petersburg Fine Art Festival Petersburg, FL
• March 4-5: Downtown Venice Art Classic Venice, FL
• March 17-19: Paradise City Marlborough, MA
• May 27-29: Paradise City Northhampton, MA
Check back to see additional shows as they are scheduled.
Search my site
Tagsairplane Alaska Animals Backyard barn Bedminster Bicycle Bird Bridgewater clouds detail Dogs farm Florida flowers Fog foliage Friends great blue heron Great Swamp humor leaves macro night NJ People pets Photo adventure Photography workshop photo tip pond reflection river Robin Gaby Fisher Scenic silhouette snow Somerville sunrise sunset tree Vermont Water winter Woodstock