After one of my workshops, I had a woman tell me that she learned a lot and enjoyed the weekend. She was a veteran of workshops, both in-person and online ones. "There are lots of good photographers," she said, "But most aren't good teachers. You are a good teacher." That made me feel pretty good. I work hard to share the knowledge I have gained over the years from experience and other photographers. When teaching in the field I have a good feel when to let photographers have the space to explore and when they need me watching closely and offering tips and suggestions. I mix a combination of interesting exercises that stress important points with real-world shoots that will fill photographer's portfolios. I am a big believer that getting away from all of life's distraction and spending time concentrating is important in our lives. Whether it is one day, one weekend, or a week or two, spending time with other photographers, focusing on learning and shooting, is extremely rewarding. And my workshops don't end when we all go home. I'm always available via email for help, tips or motivation. I hope you will join me for a fun and exciting getaway.
What others are saying
- You know when to push, when to pull and when to back off.
- I truly enjoyed your "folksy" presentation style. I'm sure none of the participants felt intimidated.
- I walked away with so many AH-HA moments and things start to click so much that I can't wait for another snowfall (although Spring flowers would be preferred) to practice with my camera. THANK YOU is so lacking but the best I can do for now.
- Excellent class taught by great instructor. Great material with good practical experiences and examples. Thanks again Loren. It was really worth it.
- I enjoyed the small group and individualized attention.
- I have taken many seminars over the past year and have found yours to be amongst the best. Look forward to more in the future.
- I picked so many tips and went home and tried them. I saw some improvement, so I am very happy.
SOLD OUT -- May 28-31, 2022 - Get away from city lights and explore photographing at night, astrophotography and light painting. You don’t have to head out west to find darkness, we’ll go to remote Vermont locations that offer tremendous views of the sky. I have mastered the technique of light painting: using flashlights to illuminate large objects in the dark. The combination of stars and light painting make for incredible images.
SOLD OUT -- July 28-31, 2022 Come to Vermont to photograph the night sky.
SOLD OUT -- Aug. 13-19, 2022 - Iceland is one of the special places on Earth and summer is a great time to visit and photograph. Join Loren on his 7th Iceland trip since 2018 as we make memorable photos of the island nation.
Aug. 25-28, 2022 Photographing the night sky is fun and easier than it seems.
SOLD OUT -- Oct. 3-7, 2022 - Fall foliage in Vermont is one of the most amazing things there is to photograph. Join Vermont resident Loren Fisher as he takes you to the backroads and hidden spots.
Nov. 5-12, 2022 - The history and beauty of Machu Picchu and Peru is what travel photography is all about.
Feb. 6-12, 2023 - We will chase the northern lights, explore an incredible ice cave, visit the spectacular lagoon at Jokulsarlon, shoot fabulous waterfalls and much more.
March 9-22, 2023 - A Vietnam photography workshop is certainly alluring. The mystery, ancient culture, wondrous landscapes, small villages and recent history all make Vietnam a location that photographers relish. Stunning scenes, friendly people and careful planning assure this will be a not to be missed trip.