Please read these terms and fill out the short Emergency Contact Form at the bottom of the page.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
To participate in any LorenPhotos, LLC workshop or training program, you must agree to this form to LorenPhotos LLC at the time of registration. This form must be received prior to the start of the program you wish to register for.
Your application shall serve as a release of our liability and a complete assumption of all risks by you and your heirs, administrator, executor, successors, and assign(s) for all family members and/or any persons accompanying you. By attending one of our programs you agree to each and all of the following in connection with your participation in the photography class or workshop conducted by LorenPhotos, LLC:
1) I am a healthy adult, voluntarily participating in this class, workshop or tour and I assume all risks of illness, injury, death, damage and/or loss to myself or my property that might result.
2) On behalf of myself and my personal representatives, heirs, executors, administrators, agents and assigns, I hereby release and discharge in advance LorenPhotos, LLC (and its owners, employees, instructors, agents, representatives and assigns) from any and all liability, even if that liability arises out of negligence (but not reckless, willful, or fraudulent conduct) and/or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities mentioned above.
3) My assumption of risk, waiver and release of liability, including negligence, (but not reckless, willful, or fraudulent conduct) includes, but is not limited to: death, bodily injury, illness, damage, theft and/or loss of personal property during said class, workshop or tour which occurs as a result of anything during the entire class, workshop or tour. The following are some, but not all, of the possibilities:
- traversing uneven ground, with or without photographic equipment in order to access off-road sites;
- natural hazards, such as, but not limited to, steep cliffs, hazardous footing, busy roadways, water hazards, dimly lit building interiors and exteriors, and/or poison ivy;
- transportation to and from locations;
- inadequate instruction and/or supervision by any of the persons involved in the class, workshop or tour on behalf of LorenPhotos, LLC;
- acts of God, acts of government, weather, force majeure, acts of war or civil unrest, insurrection or revolt, strikes or other labor activities, criminal or terrorist activities or the threat thereof, of any kind, epidemics or the threat thereof.
4) In the event that LorenPhotos, LLC deems it necessary to in advance cancel the class, workshop or tour, LorenPhotos, LLC will provide me a full refund which I acknowledge as full and final settlement.
5) If I decide to leave early and not to complete the class, workshop or tour as planned, I assume all risks inherent in my decision to leave and waive all liability against LorenPhotos, LLC, arising from that decision. Likewise, if the instructor has concluded the class, workshop or tour, and I decide to go forward or remain without the instructor, I assume all risks inherent in my decision to remain or continue and waive all liability against LorenPhotos, LLC, arising from that decision. No refund will be granted if I decide to not complete the class, workshop or tour.
6) In case of injury, accident, illness, or my inability to complete any activities, I will bear the full cost of any additional transportation or evacuation procedures performed by LorenPhotos, LLC or others.
7) In the event of an emergency, I authorize LorenPhotos, LLC and its owners, employees, instructors, agents, representatives and assigns to secure from any licensed hospital, physician, and/or medical personnel any treatment deemed necessary for immediate care and agree that I will be responsible for payment of any and all medical services rendered.
This Agreement is intended to be as broad as is permissible under the laws of the State of Vermont, and this Agreement shall be interpreted under the laws of the State of Vermont. If any portion of this Agreement is invalid and/or is declared to be invalid by a Court of Law, the balance of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. In the event a lawsuit is filed, I agree to do so only in the state of Vermont and further agree that the substantive law of the state of Vermont shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of the rules of that state.
LorenPhotos, LLC schedules events months in advance and does its best to predict the best times and conditions for photography. However, I understand and stipulate nature is unpredictable and it is impossible for LorenPhotos, LLC to truly know what will happen. Therefore, I agree to hold LorenPhotos, LLC harmless if conditions do not meet my expectations. This includes, but is not limited to, weather, light, and growing conditions, rain, drought, lack of blooming, minimal color, lack of water flow, and so forth.
Mailing Lists & Privacy
I shall allow LorenPhotos, LLC to place me on its mailing list and contact list to receive future news and/or promotions. I, at any time, may inform LorenPhotos, LLC to remove me from its mailing list. LorenPhotos, LLC will not sell or share any of my personal information to any other party unless I agree in advance. I shall allow LorenPhotos, LLC the rights to use photographs made of me taking part in its classes, outings, or events as part of its advertising and promotional campaigns including websites, brochures, etc. without reimbursement.
I have carefully read this Assumption of Risk, Waiver and Release of Liability. I am aware that both predictable and unpredictable risks are involved during the classes, workshops, tours and field outings conducted on behalf of LorenPhotos, LLC. I hereby agree to assume all of those risks and to release and hold harmless all of the persons or entities mentioned above who through negligence or carelessness would otherwise be liable to me or to my heirs or assigns for damages, or to my minor child or to my child’s heirs or assigns.